Have a child that refuses to eat anything but PB & J sandwiches? No problem! Here are some quick and easy snacks to help your child try new foods:
Frozen Yogurt Bites:
These are SO simple and easy to prep for the week! Blueberries and yogurt are both sweet foods that your kiddo will not be able to resist. Use this snack as an alternative to candy and avoid those unhealthy processed sugars.
Vanilla or Fruit or Dairy-Free Yogurt
1. Dip the blueberry in the yogurt using a toothpick
2. Place the yogurt covered blueberry on a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper
3. Freeze for one hour
Store in the freezer for a later time or munch on these right away! This snack will last you for an entire week, giving you the option to plan ahead.
Apple Slice Cookies:
These "cookies" are seriously addicting, you'll find yourself snacking on a few before your kids get the chance! Add these to any lunch for extra fruit and protein sources.
1 Apple, sliced and cored
Peanut Butter (Other nut or seed butters will work)
Chocolate Chips or Shavings
1. Spread peanut butter on top of the apple slice
2. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and any other toppings that you prefer! You can add fruit, coconut shavings, or honey for extra flavor.
Sweet Potato Fries:
Avoid those fast food chains and make this yummy side at home! Kids won't even know the difference.
2 - 3 Sweet Potatoes
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp Paprika
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. In a medium bowl mix oil & spices
3. Cut sweet potatoes into desired-size fries (We recommend leaving the skin on!)
4. Toss fries in the medium bowl with oil and spices
5. Lay out the fries on a baking sheet lined with wax paper
6. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, turning occasionally to evenly cook